[xsd-users] Looking for a way to disable DTD loading and Validation or provide search path instead

Mustafa.Ismail at partner.bmw.de Mustafa.Ismail at partner.bmw.de
Mon Jul 31 06:19:09 EDT 2023

Hello,

I am using libxsd (4.0.0 on windows and linux) to parse .cdfx files that follow a specific standard. Unfortunately, the .cdfx files I am working with all start with a "DOCTYPE" tag and refer to a specific .dtd that is supposed to be in the same directory, which is usually not the case.

I have no control over the .cdfx files I receive and in most cases I try to load them remotely or from a different disk space. There is no way I could add the .dtd file to the same directory or change the .cdfx content.

Was looking for a way that'd allow me to specify a DTD search path, just like "xml_schema::properties::schema_location" or "xml_schema::properties::no_namespace_schema_location". Otherwise, find a way to set the "fgXercesLoadExternalDTD" or "fgXercesSkipDTDValidation" parameters through libxsd?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Mustafa