[xsd-users] Compilation error with xsd:decimal mapped to long double

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun Sep 11 07:50:17 EDT 2022

Felix Hoppe <hoppef at hsu-hh.de> writes:

> I have the following problem: I tried to re-map the decimal type to "long
> double", as it is described for example in this mail
> https://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2008-June/001776.html

Hm, that email doesn't actually describe how to do that, it just points
to the cxx/tree/custom/double example which in turn refers (from its
README) to:

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Tree/Customization_guide

In this case, we are interested in Section 5, "Customizing the XML Schema
built-in types".

> However, now when I try to compile my code I get three error messages.

I believe some of the steps described in the above example/guide are
missing. Can you describe exactly what you have done and also show your
traits specialization for the xs:decimal to C++ long double mapping?