[xsd-users] Output lowercase HexBinary

Miao Wang miaowang.tw at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 23:52:09 EDT 2022

Hello Boris,

I am working on writing a KML (ver.2.2) file using codes generated by
CodeSynthesis XSD (4.2.0-b.3). I find that hexbinary values, e.g. color
values at PolyStyle, are all in uppercase (ex: FF7FAAAA).

I traced the code to the file  [xsd\cxx\tree\types.txx], at line 434,

template <typename C, typename B>
std::basic_string<C> hex_binary<C, B>::
    encode () const
 {
         std::basic_string<C> str;

        const char tab[] = "0123456789ABCDEF";

which shows why the hexbinary is all in uppercase.

Because the hexbinary in kml examples found on webs are all in lowercase
(ex: ff7faaaa), is there any way to output the hexbinary in lowercase.
(Though all programmers know that both the uppercase and lowercase
hexbinary values are the same, the others do not know it.)

BR,

Miao Wang