[xsd-users] AnyType and the extraction of contents

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon May 11 09:06:48 EDT 2020

Daniel Kåsa <daniel.kaasa at gmail.com> writes:

> I might not understand fully how to automatically have the generated
> bindings extract the contents for AnyType. I expected that when parsing and
> passing the dom document, the AnyType elements would contain content and
> this could be accessible by invoking the dom_content() method, however I
> experience these to be empty "null_content()". Note that I have include the
> --generate-any-type option when generating the bindings, but this has not
> apparent effect. Is there something I might not have done correctly?

It sounds like you've taken all the right steps. Can you make sure that
--generate-any-type is specified when compiling all your schemas (in
particular, it must be in effect when compiling elements of anyType).

If this does not help, try to come up with a small test (i.e., schema,
test driver, and an XML file), that reproduces this issue and I will
take a look.