[xsd-users] trying to build embedded example for Windows

Robert W. Moore Jr. Rob.Moore at rigaku.com
Wed Jan 23 09:59:17 EST 2019

HI all.

I'm trying to build xsdbin.exe (embedded example) for Windows.  In the file -  https://www.codesynthesis.com/download/xsd/4.0/windows/README.txt - it says, "Now you are ready to build examples. Simply open the solution file found in the examples\cxx\tree (C++/Tree mapping examples) or examples\cxx\parser (C++/Parser examples) directories"

The problem is that there are no .sln files there for any example.  This makes building for Windows very complicated.

I downloaded xsd-4.0.0-i686-windows.zip and the makefile for the embedded example contains linux commands.  For example, linux "rm" instead of Windows "del".  I can go through all the steps for building using Visual Studio, but it will all be for naught because the linux makefile will cause problems.

Are there any .sln files?  If so, where are they?

Is there a makefile for Windows for the embedded example?  How can I convert a linux makefile to a Windows makefile?  There is very little info on this subject.

Thanks in advance.

-Rob