[xsd-users] Slow DOM Element Creation

Darien Sokolov volokosd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 02:11:13 EST 2018

Hello,

I am a programmer working on Project Ironfist (more info at Ironfi.st). We
are using CodeSynthesis XSD to handle the creation of save files for the
game that we are modifying. Save/Load times seem to be slower than usual,
and I have traced the behavior down to the creation of DOM elements during
these times. It appears that these times increase near-linearly with the
total size of the overarching tree of structures that must be saved in the
save file. I have seen repeated calls to this particular constructor within
the generated code:

::xercesc::DOMElement& s (
        ::xsd::cxx::xml::dom::create_element (

Most of these calls are within FOR loops that visit each node of each
nested structure that is to be saved. I am not too familiar with the
intricacies of CodeSynthesis XSD and I do not know what information should
be provided. The end goal here is to speed up the times of the XML file
generation. If anyone here has any ideas, questions, or suggestions, it
would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
Darien Sokolov