[xsd-users] Tool for documenting/visualizing C++ Tree Output

Iain Sharp isharp at atis.org
Tue Dec 12 07:51:25 EST 2017

Thanks - that's a shame, but at least I understand why it isn't appearing!

Related to this, it may be helpful to add a few more comments to your interface example in section 2.8.2 of the C++/Tree User Manual. A few things weren't obvious to me on a first reading. Here is my proposal:

"  // Get/set interface.
  //
public:
  // Check if an element is present or not
  bool
  present () const;
  // Get an element if it is present - an error otherwise
  const X&
  get () const;
  // Get an element if it is present - an error otherwise
  X&
  get ();
  // Makes a deep copy.
  //
  void
  set (const X&);
  // Assumes ownership.
  //
  void
  set (std::[auto|unique]_ptr<X>);
  // Detach and return the contained value.
  //
  std::[auto|unique]_ptr<X>
  detach ();
  // Delete an element