[xsd-users] XSD-4.0.0: build-time dependcy of cli-1.2.0 not satisfied

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Oct 15 10:56:38 EDT 2015

Hi Viktor,

Viktor Kutuzov <viktor at ppnet.ee> writes:

> I try to compile xsd-4.0.0 on Gentoo 64-bit. In compiler
> dependencies there is specified the cli-1.2.0. But last version of
> cli libriry is cli-1.1.0.
>
> Can you, please, clarify whether is it possible to compile xsd-4.0.0
> with last cli version or not?

Ok, this is not a simply yes/no answer:

1. The packaged source code distribution of xsd comes with pre-generated
   command line interface handling code (that's what this 'cli' is for).
   So it should be possible to compile xsd-4.0.0 without installing any
   cli, 1.1.0 or 1.2.0.

2. If you want to re-generate the command line interface handling code,
   then cli-1.1.0 won't do. But 1.2.0 hasn't been released yet.

3. If you would like to go the #2 route, I would be happy to package
   a pre-release of cli-1.2.0 for you. The final release is going to
   happen soon but we still need to finish a few things before this
   can happen.