[xsd-users] base64_binary compression

Andrej Vasilj andrej_vasilj at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 14:29:10 EDT 2014

Hey guys,

I just started using xsd and I am really enjoying it. However, in the mzML format I am currently working with there is a base64_binary entry which I would like to compress (either with zlib or something else). I do not immediately see how I can accomplish this. Does anybody know how?

When I create an instance of the binary_type, XSD automatically encodes my double * array to base64, and then automatically serializes it into the xml output. Is there anyway to intervene in this process and provide the already compressed base64 data?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Andrej