[xsd-users] cxx-tree Export Symbols Multiple Constants or Generate Def file via Namespace Map

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Oct 9 00:33:37 EDT 2014

Hi Laurence,

Laurence Davies <laurence.davies at unsw.edu.au> writes:

> > simply removing the parts of the GML that you don't need.
>
> This is in itself a very large task!

Trying to export only a subset of GML symbols is even larger.

> > In fact, for GML 3.1.1 there was the "small profile" (3.1.1s). You
> > may want to check if there is something like this for the version that
> > you are using.
>
> Do you mean the Simple Features profile?

I am not 100% sure what exactly it is called. There was a schema called
3.1.1s in the GML repository that was significantly smaller than 3.1.1.
The README says that it has all the deprecated stuff removed.

> I noticed that there appears to be mention of a XSLT subset tool for
> GML in the specification and also on various websites, but it appears
> to be missing from any repository. Would you know anything about this
> tool?

No, I have never heard of it. Perhaps it makes sense to ask the GML
folks?

Generally, I am not a GML expert. In fact, what I know about GML is
already way more than what I wish I had to know ;-).