[xsd-users] C++11, value semantics, and polymorphism

Klaim - Joël Lamotte mjklaim at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 06:43:09 EST 2013

Boris,

recently on boost mailing list they are talking about copy-on-write
semantic (someone proposed a copy-on-write smart pointer).
Reading it, I re-watched the presentation at boost-con about value
semantic, from someone who worked at Adobe (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BpMYeUFXv8 )

It made me think that the code generated by xsd could benefit from a
copy-on-write implementation too. I might be wrong though.
I like the simple type they made at adobe, with only read() and write()
functions in the interface.

Would it be useful in combination with move semantic in the  code generated
by xsd?

Joel Lamotte