[xsd-users] GML schema compilation

luca paganotti luca.paganotti at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 05:19:00 EST 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile GML schema using cmake and xsdcxx. I'm using a fedora
17 box and the default xsd rpm packages. I'll probably ask a silly and
basic question because I'm relatively new to xml data binding and a cmake
first time user.

I got the 3.1.1 GML schemas from ogc website, stored them in a suitable
folder and the run cmake . from the gml base folder. I modified the
definition of OGC_BINDINGS_DIR to make GML_DIR point to the folder I copied
the schemas in. Now the Compilation goes some steps ahead but fails giving
me:

buck at buckmobile ~/dev/c++/ogc/gml/3.1.1>cmake .
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:54 (XSD_SCHEMA):
  Unknown CMake command "XSD_SCHEMA".

I think to have found the problem i.e. the XSD_SCHEMA macro is not defined
in CMakeLists.txt so that cmake complains. Am I right?

I've found that this macro is defined in another downloadable file (
FindXSD.cmake <http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/uploads/8/86/FindXSD.cmake.gz>)
and got it, but as far as I know nothing about cmake modules and how to
configure them I'm stuck at this point. How can I tell cmake to use
FindXSD.cmake?

Maybe this list is not the right place to post such a request, if so,
please, drive me to the right place ...

P.S. Please forgive my english as it's not mother's language.

Thanks for any answer.

Luca Paganotti