[xsd-users] nillable="true"

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Dec 29 09:17:25 EST 2011

Hi Brian,

B Hart <bhartsb at gmail.com> writes:

> The ifc.zip example project you pointed me to is specific to another XSD
> user's project.  I don't understand what exactly you are doing with in the
> .options files, so can you please provide additional instructions on how to
> properly use nillable-type.hxx?
>
> The XSDs that I must conform with are found here:
> http://www.nemsis.org/v2/downloads/emsDataset.html

Unfortunately we don't have the resources to provide detail instructions
for each specific schema. The mailing list thread I mentioned in my
previous reply shows how to do this for some schema and the same idea
can be equally applied to other schemas. In short, the approach uses the
type customization mechanism in C++/Tree[1] to wrap each type that is
used in a nillable element with a C++ class template that provides the
nillable semantics. Also if you have a specific question about any part
of the implementation, please feel free to ask.

[1] http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Tree/Customization_guide