[xsd-users] XSD support for WinCE (ARM)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Sep 17 06:13:55 EDT 2008

Hi Neeraj,

Neeraj Seshadri <sneeraj2 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I would like to know if the CodeSynthesis XSD is
> supported for WinCE (ARM) platform.

XSD is not really targeted at embedded systems though
it might be possible to use if you have a fairly complete
C++ standard library and modern enough compiler (eVC++ 4.0
definitely won't work). Which version of WinCE and VC++
are you using?

> Alternately is there a way to use XSDE with WinCE for
> in-memory tree parsing of XML.

We are working on a light-wight C++/Tree-like mapping
for XSD/e which should be available in the next two
months (perhaps even earlier for beta testing). This
will probably be the best option if you can wait a
bit.