[xsd-users] C++ to XML

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Sep 15 03:01:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

cll <cll at rincon.com> writes:

> XSD seems to take XML->C++.  Does anybody have any recommendations for
> X++->XML?  I have to interface with my user in XML and was hoping for a
> product that could generate C++ classes that "go both ways" based on a
> provided schema.

XSD's C++/Tree mapping generates C++ classes along with parsing (XML to
C++ objects) and serialization (C++ objects to XML) code. Serialization
is optional and you need to request it with  the --generate-serialization
option.

For more information see the 'library' example in the examples/cxx/tree/
directory as well as Section 2, "Hello World Example" and Section 6,
"Serialization" in the C++/Tree Mapping Getting Started Guide:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/guide/