[xsd-users] RE: Possible Oversight

Manav Rathi manav.rathi at incainformatics.com
Wed May 28 08:26:31 EDT 2008

>In the future please send technical questions/comments like these to the
xsd-users mailing list (which I've CC'ed) instead of to me directly.

Sorry. My bad.

>It is actually surprisingly tricky to quote regex values in a portable
manner...As a result we decided to show only the regular expression proper
in the manual without any quoting...

Well, if the manual includes these two lines, I'm sure it would save some
people (like me) a lot of time finding this out on our own :)

>...the code bloat which happens when you reference the same element with
anonymous type in two or more other types. In this situation the same nested
type will be generated in several places...

This I did not know. So, if I use the same anonymous type within two
different elements, then xsd will recognize it as so, and emit only a single
instance of the common anonymous type. Nice.

Manav