[xsd-users] Using generated code on zLinux (s390x)

Roger Evans roger at autodata.no
Fri May 16 06:00:24 EDT 2008

Hi, Boris
I am trying to take the generated code .cxx and .hxx files along with my
c-tree application and compile and link on Suse Linux SLE10 on IBM z/90
under VM.   From the wiki, it looks as if this should work, since the
"libxsd is a header-only runtime".   I take this to mean that I can copy
the xsd header files (/include/xsd) to the s390x platform and use them
in compiling my application.  If this is possible, it will save me from
having to build - or ask you to build - xsd on s390x, as it is entirely
acceptable to run xsd on my debian desktop, but the application itself
must run on s390x.

I have downloaded built and installed xerces-c 2.8.0, compiled and
linked my application, and it seems to work until I try to serialize.
I get the following:

roger at lnxnje:~/rf1037> ./rf1037
'xsd::cxx::tree::serialization<char>'
  what():  serialization failed
Aborted
gdb gives the following:

(gdb) r
Starting program: /home/roger/rf1037/rf1037
[New Thread 2199031816208 (LWP 2088)]
[Switching to Thread 2199031816208 (LWP 2088)]

Breakpoint 1, main () at rf1037.cpp:168
168		xml_schema::namespace_infomap map;
(gdb) n
169		map[""].name="http://www.brreg.no/or";
(gdb) n
170		map[""].schema= "melding-669-7378.xsd";
(gdb) n
171	        Skjema_ (std::cout,skj,map,"ISO-8859-15");
(gdb) n
'xsd::cxx::tree::serialization<char>'
  what():  serialization failed

0x000002000051ce34 in raise () from /lib64/libc.so.6
(gdb)

Before I try with different compiler switches, I would like to know
whether I'm trying to do something that will never work.

Thanks
Roger