[xsd-users] unknown element

Laura Ripple - Human Sciences lripple at raydon.com
Thu May 15 16:56:52 EDT 2008

I recently added the namespace to my schema and now I get unknown
element on the very first element in the xml when I run.  I am compiling
with the XSD/parser in VS2005.   I have shrunk down my xsd file and the
xml to only contain one element.  I was hoping that would help see the
problem but it has not. Please help me in any way you can.  I am new to
XML Schemas and I have no idea what I am doing.

Thanks in advance

The xsd:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema> "
           xmlns:rnf="http://www.raydon.com/RNFSchemaSmall
<http://www.raydon.com/RNFSchemaSmall> "
           targetNamespace="http://www.raydon.com/RNFSchemaSmall
<http://www.raydon.com/RNFSchemaSmall> ">
    <xsd:complexType name="RNFSchemaType">
        <!--<xsd:sequence>
            <xsd:element name="Scene" type="rnf:SceneType" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1"/>
        </xsd:sequence> -->
        <xsd:attribute name="Name" type="xsd:string"/>
    </xsd:complexType>
    <xsd:element name="RNFSchemaSmall" type="rnf:RNFSchemaType"/>
</xsd:schema>

The xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rnf:RNFSchemaSmall xmlns:rnf="http://www.raydon.com/RNFSchemaSmall"

Name="SmallIsland"/>

Laura

15/5/2008 Laura Ripple - Human Sciences
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver thisemail to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this email and kindly notify the sender by phone at (386) 267-2936. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not consent to emails of this kind. Not for release to foreign persons: controlled under U.S. Federal Regulations. Opinions, conclusions and other information in thisemail that do not relate to the official business of Raydon Corporation shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.