[xsd-users] Problem with target and default namespaces

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu May 15 07:53:16 EDT 2008

Hi Joe,

Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> writes:

> Chameleon inclusion is quite tricky and I will have to check the XML
> Schema spec to see what happens if one references things from the
> including schema. Xerces-C++ handles this test case without any
> errors so there is a good chance we have a bug in the compiler.
> I will let you know.

While I couldn't find the exact words in the spec that say this is
legal, the consensus among XML Schema processors seems to be that it
is.I've fixed this in XSD and now it compiles your example without
any errors. The fix will appear in the next release. In the meantime
I can build you a pre-release binary with the fix if you let me know
which platform/CPU architecture you are using.

Thanks for reporting this!