[xsd-users] Code generation fails for schemas with large maxOccurs values

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue May 13 10:33:53 EDT 2008

Hi David,

Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> writes:

> I will also check with the Xerces-C++ developers to see if there is
> any chance of fixing this problem for the Xerces-C++ 3.0.0 release
> (last time I checked it required some serious architectural changes).

I spoke to one of the Xerces-C++ developers who tried to implement
a solution for this problem. It did not work for all cases at that
time but we agreed that we will try to get this solution into shape
for the 3.0.0 release. If this does not work out then we will
implement the "treat large maxOccurs as unbounded" hack for the
time being (this is what Xerces-J apparently does). You can track
the progress of this bug here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESC-1051