[xsd-users] Validation during serialization?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Mar 31 16:24:45 EDT 2008

Hi Timothy,

Lenz, Timothy K <timothy.k.lenz at lmco.com> writes:

> I am currently parsing and serializing XML files with the greatest of
> ease using XSD.  My problem is, however, that I can't figure out how to
> validate what I serialize against the XML schema without reparsing what
> I just serialized.

The C++/Tree mapping does not support XML Schema validation during
serialization (it uses underlying parser's XML Schema validation
capabilities and Xerces-C++ does not support validation during
serialization).

We are, however, working on another XML Schema to C++ mapping which
will provide XML Schema validation in the generated code for both
parsing and serialization.