[xsd-users] "Unable to open in read mode" using --namespace-regex

Lenz, Timothy K timothy.k.lenz at lmco.com
Wed Mar 26 09:55:04 EDT 2008

Hey Boris:

When I first started trying this, I was using --namespace-regex and it
wasn't working (with my inadequate regular expressions), so I started
using the -trace version until it was fixed.  I've been using -trace
ever since to see what the errors are, assuming I'd get no errors once
it worked.

I ran the command again using the regular version (no trace) with your
suggested regular expression changes and it seems to work now.  For some
reason, every single time I run it with -trace, I get that "unable to
open in read mode" error, even if it works without the -trace.  Makes
--namespace-regex-trace worthless to me.

I'm having some other issues now, but I think they're more with the XSD
files themselves and not the binder.

Thanks for your help.

Tim Lenz