[xsd-users] optional-boolean with default values

Erkan Kaya raxody at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 07:39:29 EDT 2008

Hey guys

in our codebase, we are constantly getting bugs because of the way optional-values-with-defualt-values are generated.
Optional boolean values are so many times confused with the booleans.

What I'd like to ask is why doesn't xsd geneate the code like below:

<xs:element name="XXX" type="xs:boolean" default="false" minOccurs="0" />

it has all the neccessary information to correctly create a class that would:

if XXX exists in the config
   return what it reads from config
else
   return the default value