[xsd-users] Problem compiling cxx/tree/hello example for XSD 3.0.0 on Mac OS X (PowerPC)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Sep 22 18:28:21 EDT 2007

Hi Alan,

Alan Chao <alanchao at comcast.net> writes:

> I get the following error when executing
>
> [...]
>
> % g++ -v
> gcc version 4.0.0 20041026 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 4061)

This seems to be a compiler problem. We have tested 3.0.0 on both
PowerPC and x86 with g++ 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5363)
which comes standard on the Tiger CDs. I suggest that you upgrade
to this or later version. You can get the latest version from
Apple's website:

http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/

We will probably remove the problematic code in the next release
of XSD. If you must use g++ 4.0.0, let me know and I will build
you a pre-release binary.