[xsd-users] Compiliation issues on HP-UX

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue May 29 09:49:41 EDT 2007

Hi Satish,

Sundar, Satish [IT] <Satish.Sundar at sprint.com> writes:

> I am evaluating XSD on HP-UX platform. I am trying to compile the
> generated C++ source files after runnig the xsd <xsd file> command
> on a simple hello.xsd file. However I am getting lot of compilation
> errors, mostly dealing with the use of C++ Standard Library classes.
> I am having difficulty using the correct defines (-D<xxx>) for the
> aCC compiler. Can you please help?
> Here are the details
>
> HP-UX  B.11.11 U 9000/800
> aCC version - A.03.33

Note that you are using a really old version of aCC and there is no
guarantee it will work (we are testing on A.03.63). Having said that,
I suggest you try to compile one of the examples in examples/cxx/tree,
for example 'hello', using GNU make. This way you will be able to
figure out whether there is something wrong with the way you compile
the source code or the compiler is simply too buggy.  The options that
we use with this compiler are: -AA +W849 +W1039. I think your build
configuration is missing -AA.