[xsd-users] Re: Xsd information

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jun 9 13:21:49 EDT 2006

Hi Anatolii,

In the future, please send technical questions regarding XSD usage to
the xsd-users mailing list (which I've also CC'ed to this reply) instead
of directly to me.

Anatolii.Belomestnov at ubs.com <Anatolii.Belomestnov at ubs.com> writes:

> Never mind this one, I was creating an auto_ptr in one of the called
> methods which I think was deleting some stuff before its time.

Ok, I am glad you found the cause and thanks for letting me know.

> See, the boost::shared_ptr would be great to use because you don't need
> to do all the accounting of who should own the objects. Auto-ptr still
> requires to be watched closely. And I would have more freedom with
> boost.

As I said in my previous post, nothing prevents you from re-assigning
the ownership from auto_ptr to shared_ptr after parsing. That's the
only place where will ever need to do it.