[xsd-users] Data validation

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jan 31 10:31:05 EST 2006

David,

Moss, David R (SELEX Comms) (UK Christchurch) <david.r.moss at selex-comm.com> writes:

> Excellent news that's it's on your list of things to do - I shall await
> the next version rather than reform xml files. Any idea on timescales
> for this?!  :)

There is no precise time-table. The next version (1.9.0) which is
scheduled for release some time next week, will (hopefully) be the
last in the 1.x series and won't include any significant new features -
mostly code cleanups, support for extra platforms/compilers (notably
HP-UX/aCC) and small fixes.

After that we will start working on 2.0.0, with the major new feature
being the new parser architecture which will be able to handle repeated
element definitions. The in-memory validation is going to be added
gradually over several versions, starting from the built-in types and
structure and continuing with the more complicated cases, such as facet-
based restrictions on simple types, etc. Some of these might end up in
2.0.0 but most likely in 2.0.1. The 2.0.0 is scheduled for around March 6.

If you could give us a list of schema constraints that are important to
you, we will try to add them first.