[xsd-users] Possible XSD v1.8.0 bugs.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jan 30 14:52:07 EST 2006

Ken,

Ken Ng <ken.ng at martoneradiotech.com> writes:

> Hi there, I'm new to XML, XML schemas, and XSD for that matter.

Welcome to the messy world of XML ;-)

> It seems to me that XSD version 1.8.0 produces *.cxx code that causes the
> provided sample source named "library" to be non-executable producing
> the error message:
>
> driver library.xml
> expected element 'http://www.codesynthesis.com/library#catalog' instead
> of 'http://www.codesynthesis.com/library#lib:catalog'
> make: *** [run] Error 1

Hm, I've never seen anything like this. The library example works
fine for me. I will need some more information from you to track
this problem down:

* Compiler/Platform you are building the example on.

* Version of Xerces-C++ library you are using.

* I will need the library.xsd, library.xml, driver.cxx, library.hxx,
  library.ixx and library.cxx files that you used to build the
  example. You can just zip or .tar.gz the whole library directory
  and send it to me (off list).

> In addition to the possible "lib:" namespace bug, it seems that XSD
> v1.8.0 generates "optional_functor" objects instead of the expected
> "one_functor" objects for the elements that are DEEPLY nested inside the
> "choice" XML tag.  I'm not sure if this is intentional.

At the moment all elements within the choice are treated as belonging
to either the Optional or Sequence cardinality classes. This is what
one would expect, except in those rare cases when all arms of the choice
contain some element, in which case such an element actually belongs
to the One cardinality class. We are planning to fix this in upcoming
versions.

thanks,