[xsd-users] Question about base64-binary types

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jan 4 10:22:33 EST 2006

Eelko,

Eelko de Groot <efdegroot at corp.csnet.nl> writes:

> How can I let the library to encode/decode the base64Binary elements? Or
> should I use my own base64 encoder/decoder?

At the moment we map base64Binary and hexBinary to strings. We neither
decode nor encode the date stored in such strings. We didn't implement
better support for binary data because there wasn't any interest in
such a feature. I guess now there is ;-).

If you would like I can implement proper binary support with encoding/
decoding and send it to you. This shouldn't take longer than a day.