[xsd-users] anonymous types

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Oct 27 13:59:32 EDT 2005

Frederic,

frederic heem <frederic.heem at telsey.it> writes:

> Would it be possible to perform automatic morphing  by appending Type to
> the class name ?

Sure, you can use --anonymous-regex which is described in the man pages
and online:

http://codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/xsd.xhtml

The command line that does what you want would look like this:

xsd cxx-tree --morph-anonymous --anonymous-regex '%.* .* (.+/)*(.+)%$2Type%'

Also, you may want the transformation to be 'accept' -> 'AcceptType' then
you can use

xsd cxx-tree --morph-anonymous --anonymous-regex '%.* .* (.+/)*(.+)%\u$2Type%'

> How do other xsd compiler manage this problem ?

I honestly don't know. I think most of them always do something similar
to anonymous type morphing and decide on the name for you.