[xsd-users] Re: Problem during compilation of generated files

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Oct 13 04:19:26 EDT 2005

Hi Pradipta,

Could you please send questions like this to the xsd-users mailing
list rather than to me directly. This way others who may have the
same problems as you will benefit from our discussions.

De, Pradipta <pde at seic.com> writes:

> I am on Solaris 5.9, with Xerces 2.7 and Forte 5.6 (I unfortunately do
> not have the rights to change the environment), but since you did not
> have a binary for Solaris, I took the windows version generated the
> files and took it over to my Unix box.  I have attached the xsd file,
> the generated hxx, cxx and the compilation errors faced. Please have a
> look. Thanks in advance for your time.

The other day I was checking out how much effort it will take to
support Sun C++. Apparently things are not as bad as I expected. ;-)
I patched libxsd for 1.4.0 which allowed me to compile the hello
example with Sun C++ 5.7 Patch 117831-02. I am attaching this .tar.gz.
Could you replace stock libxsd with this one and try it on your box?

Also if you are serious about using xsd on Solaris we can build
a binary of the compiler for you.