[odb-users] ODB 2.5.0-b25 compiler hangs when compiling (where 2.4.0 did not)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jan 25 23:22:30 EST 2024

DEMBROGE Michael <michael.dembroge at leica-geosystems.com> writes:

>   bpkg build odb at https://pkg.cppget.org/1/beta
>
> 2. I then tried to rebuild everything, but used the repository
>    "https://pkg.cppget.org/1/queue/beta" (as opposed to
>    https://pkg.cppget.org/1/beta) when rebuilding. The appeared to work,

You only need to rebuild and reinstall the ODB compiler. In other words,
only complete the "Building ODB compiler" step in the instructions but
using .../1/queue/beta instead of .../1/beta in the URL

> but I then ran into trouble with the subsequent commands:
>         >bpkg build libodb - This returns an error: unknown package

You do not need to rebuild the runtime libraries. If you do need to build
them (for example, you are doing a fresh installation), then use the
original (.../1/beta) URL for the "Building ODB Runtime Libraries" step.