[odb-users] Inserting CLOB greater having size greater then 12288

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Feb 1 04:26:36 EST 2024

roberto minarelli <roberto.minarelli.de at gmail.com> writes:

> have you an update for this issue?

No, I haven't had a chance to look into this and unfortunately won't
be able to for the foreseeable future.

> I tried to debug the callback but I couldn't step into it

Try to set the breakpoint inside the callback. This should allow
you to step through it without having to go through OCI code (which
I assume is what's causing the difficulty).

> My guess is that the callback is called three times, each of which with a
> chunk of 4Kb of maximum dimension when writing
> And it is called maximum three times
> first time with OCI_FIRST_PIECE
> second time with OCI_NEXT_PIECE
> and finally with OCI_LAST_PIECE

What is the size of the data you are trying to insert and will it fit
into the three 4Kb chunks?

Do a little bit of digging and thinking on your own, I am willing to
help guide you in the right direction but "it doesn't work, help"
attitude is not going to get us far with this approach.