[odb-users] after sqlite, choosing between postgresql and mysql

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 14:13:38 EDT 2023

Hello,
We are expanding our state in that we need to have a client server database
system to allow for concurrent read and write from different nodes.

odb is finally paying off:-)

This is a hard question but let me describe our use case

1. small number of concurrent users (under dozen)
2. 3 databases in use, some read only, some read and write
3. 2 dozen tables in each database
4. Nbr of rows in each table ranges from 10 to 100 000 max
5. Nbr of columns from 3/4 to 2 dozen columns, but only few tables
6. concurrency: most of the transactions are read. 10% perhaps or less are
writes.
7. There may be a desire to do a cross database "transaction", i.e. either
both databases are written successfully to or the transaction reverts on
both.

That is what I can think of at the moment. Any advice?

MM