[odb-users] Problem building libodb-2.4.0

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Oct 18 07:10:34 EDT 2023

Aldo Laiseca <alaiseca at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I was trying to build libodb 2.4.0 in a Mac OS X BigSur (OS 11.7) with
> XCode version 13.2.1 and Clang 13.0.0. Unfortunately I am getting this error
> as soon as I execute the make command:
>
> [...]
>
> Is there a workaround to make this work?

I suggest that you try the latest 2.5.0 pre-release per the instructions
here:

https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml

(Note that you can now get build2 from Homebrew so no need to build it
from source.)

> Are you planning to release a newer version?

Yes, we are working on it right now. Hopefully in the next couple of
months.