[odb-users] simple test program does not compile

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jun 16 04:54:24 EDT 2023

roberto minarelli <roberto.minarelli.de at gmail.com> writes:

> g++ -std=c++1z test.cpp -I -lodb -lodb-oracle

You need to compile and link myClass-odb.cxx with your application:

g++ -std=c++1z test.cpp myClass-odb.cxx -I. -lodb -lodb-oracle

Also, that `-I -lodb` part in your command line looks wrong, probably
should be -I. or some such.

On a more general note, you should be able to solve such basic issues
on your own and by asking for help you are essentially asking me to
write your software for you, which I don't view as fair. As a result, I
will no longer be replying with solutions to issues that any competent
C++ developer should be able to solve themselves. Instead, I suggest
that you look for help/mentoring/training within your organization.