[odb-users] macOS Sonoma Include (and Lib?) Issues

Brian E. Coggins becoggins at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 15:36:39 EST 2023

On 06 Dec 2023, at 06:55, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:

> This looks like it's either Homebrew GCC that is broken on Sonoma or your
> setup is broken (maybe makes sense to do a clean re-install of Homebrew?)

Great advice: a clean re-install of Homebrew solved all of the problems, with no need for SDKROOT or any other special adjustments.  I should’ve thought to try that!

My first message was hinting that I’ve seen various path problems from Homebrew GCC in the past after updating macOS.  Maybe the lesson is that Homebrew doesn’t handle these upgrades well (even with “brew update” etc), and the general fix should be to start over with a clean Homebrew install.

Brian