[odb-users] Creating native mysql views

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Aug 30 15:03:52 EDT 2017

Vassilios Kountouriotis <b.kountouriotis at gmail.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, I cannot find how to instruct ODB to actually create a
> view object on the server, i.e. issue a "CREATE VIEW AS SELECT ......"
> command.

You don't actually need to create a database view in order to use
a SELECT statement in an ODB view. So the only plausible situation
where you would want to use database views is if you already have
them defined.

If you still want to create database views for some reason, then you
will have to issue the necessary CREATE VIEW statements manually
during schema creation. The schema/custom example shows how to do
that.