[odb-users] Is there an API documentation?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Jul 24 06:27:13 EDT 2014

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Nehring <mne at qosmotec.com> writes:

> I started to work with ODB and was wondering if there is any lightweight
> API documentation like a doxygen page or similar. The only documentation
> I could find is the ODB manual, which is quite detailed and exhaustive
> but it is also quite hard to use when looking for a specific feature or
> description of a method parameter and stuff like this. A simple API
> documentation which lists the classes, methods etc. and gives a brief
> explanation would be very helpful here.

No, unfortunately there is no such thing. The best alternative for this
is probably to just open the header. Most of the functions/argumets/etc
in there should be self-explanatory.

> For example I am working with Oracle and I could not find a method
> to specify the schema I want to use nor one to query for the currently
> used schema.

Not sure what you mean by "schema" in the Oracle content. It could mean
the "database namespace" (Section 14.1.8) or the "statements that create
tables/etc" (Section 3.4 and Chapter 13).