[odb-users] Generate C++ classes from a DB

Andrew Hoffmeyer andy.hoffmeyer at turnkeycorrections.com
Wed Jan 29 12:17:10 EST 2014

Boris,

All of your concerns are certainly valid, and I wasn't trying to suggest
that an implementation for odb would be trivial.  Supporting only MySQL
for my purposes alone was far from trivial, and it's far from being a
finished product, although it does everything I need it to do at the
moment.  Data types could be based on a standard set, and customized
with a map file.  Naming conventions are always a point of contention,
and there is obviously no one-size-fits-all answer.  I'd love to have an
in-depth discussion about this, and start working on something tangible
that would be of benefit to the odb community.  Perhaps that would be a
subject for a new thread of discussion on this list.

--
Andrew Hoffmeyer
Software Developer/Network Administrator