[odb-users] Circular relation problem with external file mapping

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sat Jul 27 10:51:51 EDT 2013

Hi Romain,

Romain Gros <grosr.romain at gmail.com> writes:

> It seems to be a problem with the protobuf, but have you an idea of what
> could cause this?

No, that's a bug in the ODB compiler.

> Is there a way to launch the ODB compiler in debug, to see where exactly
> the exception is launched ?

The easiest way is to run the ODB compiler with the -x -dH option. This
will cause it to dump core which you can then examine with GDB. Note that
you will need to do it with the cc1plus executable (that's the actual C++
compiler) that corresponds to g++ used by ODB. You can see where this
file is located with this command:

g++ -print-file-name=cc1plus

What can be even better is if you could send me a small test case that
reproduces this problem. Ideally without any ProtoBuffer dependencies
(i.e., just recreate the structure in your own classes) but if that's
too difficult, then with ProtoBuffer. I can then take a look and
hopefully fix this.