[cli-users] Error during bdep init for cli 1.2.0-b.10

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 19 11:23:01 EDT 2023

Mark Lim <mark.lim at broadcom.com> writes:

> I'm trying to build cli 1.2.0.  It seems to be a prerequisite for building
> libodb-mysql 2.5.0.

The source package of libodb-mysql includes pre-generated CLI files so
you shouldn't really need it, unless you want to change something.

The step-by-step instructions for building ODB 2.5.0 with build2 from
source packages can be found here:

https://codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/install-build2.xhtml

Having said that:

> I pulled 1.2.0 b 10 from git and simply followed the README.md
>
> [lim at localhost cli]$ bdep init @host -d cli
> [...]
> error: invalid bool value 'pregenerated/cli/' in variable dist
>   info: while converting 'pregenerated/cli/'
> info: while configuring cli

I think you are using an old build2 version. I've just tried this with
0.16.0, and it works without any issues.