build is a massively-parallel software build system implemented on top of GNU make. Build is designed with the following tasks in mind:
Some of its features include:
- Position-independent makefiles.
- Mon-recursive multi-makefile include-based structure.
- Leaf makefiles are full-fledged GNU makefiles, not just variable definitions.
- Complete dependency graph.
- Inter-project dependency tracking.
- Extensible language/compiler framework.
build is free, open-source software; you can use, distribute, and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
The source code distribution for the current stable release of build is:
Follow the instructions in the accompanying
to install build on your platform. For older versions and other
distributions see the build download
directory. The development version of build is available from
the source code repository
We provide free, best-effort technical support for build via the build-users mailing list. Simply send an email to this mailing list with the description of a bug or a problem that you encountered. Please follow the Posting Guidelines to receive a prompt reply.