[xsde-users] XSDE unable to validate totalDigits restriction in xs:decimal element

S R n.e.x.g.e.n.s at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:15:07 EDT 2022

Hi
I am trying to run a test with XSDE product
xsde-3.2.0-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.bz2
<https://www.codesynthesis.com/download/xsde/3.2/linux-gnu/x86_64/xsde-3.2.0-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.bz2>

Our XSD has the following element which has triggered an issue with
parsing.

<xs:simpleType name="amount">
  <xs:restriction base="xs:decimal">
    <xs:minInclusive value="0"/>
    <xs:fractionDigits value="5"/>
    <xs:totalDigits value="18"/>
  </xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

Our test case has this tag value as
<amount>6248245166124111525.</amount>

This amount should fail parsing validation because of 19 total digits,
where allowed is only 18 total digits. But there is no parsing exception
thrown. The above value is successfully accepted.

I tried to look for similar issues on the archives , but nothing I could
not find for xsde.

Thanks,
S R