[xsd-users] cli unknown option '-I' when compiling xsd-4.0.0

Fred Ramsing framsing at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 21:16:13 EST 2023

I am trying to compile xsd-4.0.0.  It compiles fine on my local machine,
but for some unknown reason on a remote server I get the following error:
unknown option '-I'
The previous build step is:
cli --hxx-suffix .hxx --ixx-suffix .ixx --cxx-suffix .cxx -I
<path_to_repo>/xsd/xsd    ...

I am using cli-1.1.0 and really cannot upgrade to cli-1.2.0 because
that requires yet another build requirement to compile on the remote
server:  either bpkg or build2

Is there a workaround for this with cli-1.1.0/xsd-4.0.0?

Off Topic:  cli obviously nice features for handling cli options, but each
of these dependencies requires yet another requirement that I have to
download, package for our build system, compile on remote server, publish
to package repository, when all I want to do is to run the xsd executable
as part of my project using cmake.

TIA,

Fred.