[xsd-users] Error: incomplete type when compiling cxx generated with --file-per-type

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jul 24 10:54:10 EDT 2023

Yongchang Huang <xjtu.yohuang at gmail.com> writes:

> I used xsd-4.0.0 to generate cxx-tree files with --file-per-type option,
> and then tried to compile the .cxx files. g++ reported incomplete type
> error as shown below.

There were some issues in this area that we've fixed since the 4.0.0
release. Would you be able to re-test this with the latest XSD pre-
release and see if it makes any difference? The step-by-step
instructions for building the latest pre-release can be found here:

https://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/doc/install-build2.xhtml