[xsd-users] Building XSD

Southworth Damon (AA/EOP1-PE) damon.southworth at uk.bosch.com
Tue Aug 29 12:28:00 EDT 2023

Thanks Boris,

So getting back to some xsd build issues I am still experiencing...
On a GNU/Linux system with build2 installed, if I try to build xsd using the non-development build steps as you suggested earlier, it now ends with the following...

c++ libxsd-frontend-2.1.0-b.2/libxsd-frontend/semantic-graph/cxx{union} -> libxsd-frontend-2.1.0-b.2/libxsd-frontend/semantic-graph/objs{union}
c++ libxsd-frontend-2.1.0-b.2/libxsd-frontend/semantic-graph/cxx{compositors} -> libxsd-frontend-2.1.0-b.2/libxsd-frontend/semantic-graph/objs{compositors}
ld libicuuc-65.1.0+8/libicu/libs{icudata}
ld libicuuc-65.1.0+8/libicu/libs{icuuc}
ld libicui18n-65.1.0+8/libicui18n/libs{icui18n}
ld libxerces-c-3.2.4/xercesc/libs{xerces-c}
ld libxsd-frontend-2.1.0-b.2/libxsd-frontend/libs{xsd-frontend}
ld xsd-4.2.0-b.4/xsd/exe{xsd}
info: failed to update dir{xsd-4.2.0-b.4/}

I am also trying to build a version or xsd using MUSL Libc to use in our Alpine Linux docker build images.
I am failing to build and install build2 into this environment.
It initially fails to correctly detect the existence of strlcpy and strlcat, but if I allow this pass (unsetting the relevant HAVE_XXX), I still end up with a failure.

+ build2/b-boot --version
build2 0.16.0
libbutl 0.16.0
host x86_64-alpine-linux-musl
Copyright (c) 2014-2023 the build2 authors.
This is free software released under the MIT license.
+ cd ..
+ build2/build2/b-boot configure config.config.hermetic=true config.cxx=g++ config.cc.coptions=-O3 config.cc.loptions=[null] config.bin.lib=shared config.bin.rpath=/usr/local/lib/build2 config.install.root=/usr/local config.install.sudo=sudo config.install.private=build2
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Do you have any suggestions I could try WRT to these?

Regards,
Damon Southworth