[xsd-users] Building XSD

Southworth Damon (AA/EOP1-PE) damon.southworth at uk.bosch.com
Mon Aug 7 06:52:47 EDT 2023

Hi,

We have been using xsd cxx-tree in our projects for many years now and have been fine with the (non-official?) release 4.1.0-a11 that you (Boris) provided for us to download at the time. We have this release tarball for the Window, MacOS and Linux x86_64 platforms.

It has come to a point where I would also like to be able to build natively on our ARM platforms rather than cross compile. For this I wanted to get a version of xsd for this platform, so I decided to build the latest version from the xsd repository. This is done using build2 as per the instructions.

I have managed to build it, but the result I achieve does not match the contents of the original tarballs that I have for the other platforms.

The originals contained the following:
    "bin  doc  examples  FLOSSE  GPLv2  libxsd  LICENSE  NEWS  README  version"
With a self contained xsd in the bin folder and the header files in libxsd.

After the build2 install has completed I end up with the following:
    "bin  include  lib  share"
This version of xsd is dependent on the libraries built in the lib folder and there is are no headers files.

Is there a way to automatically get a build that is equivalent to the downloaded tarballs?

Regards,

Damon Southworth