[xsd-users] multiple definitions errors

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Sep 15 07:58:33 EDT 2017

Henderson, H.C. (Henk) <henk.henderson at tno.nl> writes:

> Error loading /home/hendersonhc/Tools/eclipse_ws_cpp/LLBMLPlugin/Release
> /libLLBMLPlugin.so /home/hendersonhc/Tools/eclipse_ws_cpp/LLBMLPlugin/
> Release/libLLBMlPlugin.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZKN11xerces_3_213XMLAttDefList14isSerializableEv)

This kind of errors usually mean that you've built your library with
one build/version of Xerces-C++ but the library is being picked up
from a different build/version.

My suggestion would be to remove any custom builds (including from
/usr/local), install the latest version from your distribution's
packages, and use that.

> I have followed the build instructions:
>
> http://www.codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/extras/build-unix.xhtml

These instructions are for building the XSD compiler itself, not
for building your application. I would suggest that you don't try
this and instead use the pre-built XSD compiler binary from the
download page.