[xsd-users] A9 regression

Chris Gagneraud chgans at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:37:48 EST 2016

On 5 November 2016 at 02:52, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Chris Gagneraud <chgans at googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Using xsd-cxx version A9 on Windows, I have some issues with the error
>> handlers, exceptions and schema validation.
>
> While there is a lot of information in your email, I am having a hard
> time following what you have done and what exactly does not work.
> Can you therefore do the following:
>
> 1. Read through Section 3.3, "Error Handling":
>
>    http://codesynthesis.com/projects/xsd/documentation/cxx/tree/manual/#3.3
>
> 2. Adjust the hello example to match your application.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce! :(

So let me reformulate my question:

How is it possible that with this simple code:
try
{
    xml_schema::Properties props;
    props.schema_location ("http://webstds.ipc.org/2581", "IPC-2581B_V3.0.xsd");
    unique_ptr<IPC_2581Type> ipc(iPC_2581(argv[1], 0, props));
}
catch (const xml_schema::Exception& e)
{
    cerr << e << endl;
}

While parsing a possibly non-compliant XML file, I have this error message:
expected element 'http://webstds.ipc.org/2581#StandardPrimitive'

Instead of the usual one with line/column numbers, eg:
test-3_r2.xml:1234:12: expected element
'http://webstds.ipc.org/2581#StandardPrimitive'

Without knowing the line number, it's nearly impossible for me to
track down what the problem is and how to fix it.

Chris